Web chokeartist.blogspot.com

Friday, September 22, 2006

 

That's What He's Talkin About

I failed to mention yesterday that Dontrelle Willis hit two home runs and got the win against the Mets on Wednesday. Well I'm glad that I forgot, because I heard an interview with Willie Randolph yesterday that went something like this (I hope it's ok to quote something that you don't remember word for word):

"Well I asked Oliver what the hell he was thinking throwing the guy an 86 mile per hour fastball right down the middle, and he told me that he didn't think Willis was going to swing at it. Well he swing at it alright, he hit the crap out of the ball."

Willis threw 124 pitches on top of the home runs and was an out away from a complete game. The D-Train is just 24 years old and has already compiled a 58-38 record with a 3.41 ERA. He also seems to have a rubber arm, tossing 15 CGs and 8 shutouts over his first 4 seasons. I predicted at one point that Willis' strange delivery would lead to an injury or players figuring him out (i.e. Hideo Nomo), but so far he has proved me absolutely wrong and it looks like he'll be killing the Mets for a long time unless they can lure him away from Florida.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?