Web chokeartist.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

 

Na na na...na na na

Canadian SportsCenter exists. I found it last night around 11:00. Only thing is, it is about as broke-ass a version of American SportsCenter as you could imagine.

As I mentioned in a previous article, ESPN does not exist in Canadia. However, I guess they have obtained licensing to do a Canadian version of SportsCenter. It is spelled SportsCentre which I think is a British spelling, but I'm only guessing. The show lasts about 30 minutes, 20 or so of which are dedicated to Canadian sports. Here are the other differences:

-Instead of Web Gems, or even Top Plays, it is called "The Honor Roll"...which seems more related to having good grades than making a great play. Every nominee makes it, since the show is so short (and mostly devoted to who is signing with which hockey team).

-The entire broadcast is done with Canadian pride (for example, they put a Canadian flag next to each finisher in a NASCAR race).

-They find amusement in Canada. This is my favorite part. After a great play, the female anchor said, "He stopped that ball like a goaltender. We're Canadian so we say things like that." Which is great because I was thinking, "only a Canadian would say that".

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?