Web chokeartist.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

 

Canada is not an Insider

Canada does not have ESPN. Yes, it's true. I sit here thinking that this country must be run by women. Girly women, not the type that you would bring to a ballgame.

I thought there was something wrong with my hotel room, but I didn't get a chance to ask the front desk. I happened to mention it at work today when I was met with the dreaded response- "We don't get ESPN".

Me: "(Gasp)"

Canadian: "Yeah, we can't get it at all".

Me: "Regular cable packages don't offer it?"

Canadian: "No, you just can't get it, no matter how much you pay, it's not offered."

Me: "(vomiting on my shoes)"

Me: "How do you live!? (like Hansel in Zoolander when he found out about Melinda's personal life).

Canadian: "Well we get some of their stuff on other channels".

Me: "Like What!?"

Canadian: "Well they'll probably have Monday Night Football and we get PTI sometimes".

Me: "SportsCenter?"

Canadian: "No (ashamed)".

Me: "Well what else do you get?"

Canadian: (checking tv schedule) "Stump the Shwab"

Me: (can't wait to go home). No wonder they have less pro athletes than small islands.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?